Kiss Kiss

How fast does time fly?! Its been almost three months already since we said farewell to Vanilla Box. And last week I went to say hello to Bisou. Bisou is the youngest sibling to Bianco and Bijou. I didn't recognise the lot at all! It looks completely different from its predecessor. I guess its more in line with the whole feel of Heritage Row. That is, a little more slick. The look is similar to that of Bijou. Its bright and feminine; fairy lights adorning the tree, a cupcake display tempts you by the window. Walking past the window, any girl would not be able to resist stopping and going "Oooh" in her mind. Men, I'm not so sure. Saw a lot of men walk straight past! Oh well, can't win them all.




It was about 9:30am when Sis and I sat down at Bisou. There are not many tables here as it is more a cake shop than it is a cafe. Sis ordered a brioche (RM5++) and chicken pie (RM9++). Sis' brioche arrived piping hot with butter and strawberry jam on the side. It was lovely hot and that subtle sweetness was yummy with the salty butter. The chicken pie was ok, nothing out of the ordinary. Its the run of the mill type of chicken pies that we have come to expect. You know what I mean, diced chicken and vegetables in gravy that resembles Campbell's mushroom soup and baked in puff pastry. Not to say that its a bad thing. I quite like it but before I die, I would like to try a chicken pie that doesn't have that mushroomy gravy.


I stuck to coffee and for an extra RM2 I added a "muffin of the day" which happened to be orange with chocolate chip. I love the taste and texture of my muffin. I liked that the muffin itself was not very sweet and the slivers of fresh oranges gave it a fresh and zingy contrast to the chocolate chips. And the texture is gorgeous. Its dense without being floury, more like moist steamed bread. I was thoroughly satisfied with my mid-morning snack. Sis felt that she wanted something sweet and ordered a treacle and ginger slice. I liked it a lot as it is not as toothachingly sweet as Nigella's. It was moist and almost spicy from the ginger. Perfect with hot tea. I wouldn't say the food here is cheap but everything I had tasted good, the service is good and it is located in a strip that is better known for its drinking culture than fine foods. Closed on Mondays. Open from 9am-11pm Tue - Fri. I think they close earlier on the weekends.

Comments

  1. so is dis not related to bijan rite? haha.. sigh how i wish i can have coffee and cake at 9.30 in the morning..ur brioche looks abit burnt at the top..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they're really doing their restaurant business full time with all the outlets opening. Thanks for the tip on the food at this place, will definitely go check it out as annoymously as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the current trend for a food joint is WHITE! nice and clean but not sure for how long :p see ya later

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quit your joblah. Be a nipple pin up boy full time! :-) You're right, looks burnt in the photo but it wasn't burnt at all.

    Sounds like top secret stuff! Do you don a disguise too? I'm thinking blonde wig, sunglasses and trench coat! hahaha. The most conspicuous disguise ever!

    Spoken like a mum! How to keep your whites white?! ;-) Its true lah. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a white kitchen until I saw how hard it was to maintain! Forrrget it! See you later for some torture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you employ me ar?..i very cheap labour..onli around 2.5k a month hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So white with twinkling lights on trees - X'mas here d?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they're definitely targetting the women, alright. From the all white decor to the dainty cupcakes to the fairy lights....hehe...can't imagine a bunch of masculine men saying, "Oooh, let's go to Bisou for a drink"...LOL (trying to imagine Bald Eagle and Hunky and Splashie Boy agreeing to go there for a man's night out hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  8. having toothache looking at ur blog..lol..so much of sweets!! i wonder y girls love desserts and lovely ambiance why men can just ignore it..haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah Joe! 2.5k just to flash your nipples? Hmmmm, might scare my clients away wor...

    I love xmas. Everyone is so much more cheerful around that time.

    LL, HAHAHA, I agree! Can you imagine?! Hilarious!

    I think for the same reason why men love movies like Die Hard 4. Aiyo! So macho, agro and grrrr... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who says must macho macho only we go? Guys look at whether food tastes good also ma... :P

    Having said that, yeah, they are definitely targeting the ladies... Darn, but that treacle and ginger slice looks good now, so close to tea-time... *tummy growls*

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely pics! n definitely make me wanna hav them now =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the song goes right Kenny? Macho, macho man... :-) Would you have gone into this cafe?

    Thanks ironeaters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh. 8 months away from sg/malaysia and the sweets are out! hehehe.. lovely pictures! Man, it puts the desserts in aust to shame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts