Friday, May 18, 2007

Farewell Vanilla Box

Its always sad when a cafe closes it doors indefinitely, especially when its a place you know and love. I wrote about Vanilla Box's moreish chocolate cupcakes and nasal-cleansingly powerful chocolate peppermint velvet cake when I first started my blog. Recently the owner of this cosy little cafe announced that she well be closing shop. Hopefully not forever but it will be a long while yet as she plans her upcoming nuptials and journey into the land of marital bliss. Ever since I found out about her plans, I have been visiting every week. For those of you who still haven't been, you have exactly ONE week to sample a little magic from Vanilla Box.
Earlier today, Sis and I brought the monsters along to have an early lunch. We had a deeply satisfying chilli con carne pizza while the kids shared a cupcake and vegetable pizza. I guess what I will miss most, apart from the chocolatey things I have already mentioned, are the fruit tartlets. They still are the best tartlets I've tasted in KL. The tarts are always crisp, the crème patisserie smooth and never too sweet. I just bought four and ate two. I'm saving the other two for tea later. Share? What are you talking about?

Above: chocolate peanut butter creams. Don't start if you aren't prepared to stop. Divine!

Vanilla Box is located at Asian Heritage Row, below Wine Room. They are closed on Sundays.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about Vanilla Box but have yet to go there! :-( Now doubt if I'll ever have the opportunity. :-( You guys will just have to tell me how exquisite all the cakes were, and I'll nod sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-( .Aiyo, you should've let me know earlier, I might have spared you a tartlet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you been beatrice is tying the knot? good for her. such a nice lady that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you didn't hear it from me! :-0

    ReplyDelete