Colour My Palate

I’m so pleased that there are more restaurants that are opening up around the area. Palate Palette is the first to open with two more restaurants to open before the year is over. Palate Palette is on Jalan Mesui, next to Sticky Fingers (which I am yet to visit). Just over a week old, it’s Californian cuisine revisited. Not like the fusion mumbo jumbo back in the late 90’s, this one serves up clean and healthy options to clean up our tainted palates. They are stressing on low carbs, low salt, low oil, low taste? They are not kidding too, I noticed the “ultimate burger” was bun-less. Eeep! Sis and I are corn freaks so we both ordered a snack size cup of corn soup each. They also have it in a larger portion that comes in a bowl. The soup was made of homemade chicken stock, chopped fresh sweet corn and a hint of ginger. It was alarmingly sweet but we were assured that it was the natural sweetness from the corn and not sugar. Even though it was sweet, I still enjoyed it. The tiny piece of puff pastry was appreciated like biscotti with coffee.
I ordered a crab and avocado salad that comes with butterhead lettuce and endive. It was a very generous portion of avocado and I liked hint of lime and onion that cuts through the richness of the avocado. I struggled to finish it as I was already quite full from the soup. We ordered some fried calamari to share which was a bit contradictory to their healthy cuisine but I suspect it was probably to appease those with “heartier” appetites. It came with two sauce options and I chose the one that peanut and honey one. Funnily enough, it tasted like sweet miso sauce to me. I liked the taste but I’m not sure that it went well together with the calamari. Sis had ordered the lamb and onions with yoghurt sauce. It was very tasty and with just the barest hint of salt.
We were not too keen on dessert as they only have two choices at the moment. Ginger crème brulee or green tea millefeuille. I only like to drink green tea but not eat it. The owners were really nice and let us try mini versions of both for free. They were both equally good. The brulee had the perfect consistency and the ginger was very subtle. The green tea cream on tuille pastry were nice and light. This is my kind of restaurant. Well, maybe not the decor because it reminds me somewhat of nursery school but I like that the natural food flavours speak for itself. Where tasty doesn’t mean swimming in oil, drowned in sauce and overwhelmed with chillies. A word of caution if you are heading over there. Its a bit of a mess on that road during the day as there is a service apartment being built but at night its back to normal. They are also closed on Mondays.

Comments

  1. I think I saw them doing the reno for this place. Somewhere in between Sticky Fingers and No Black Tie if I am not mistaken. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, thats the one. Its nice not to have to venture far to have good food! I love living in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 am

    To buy shaiya gold , it is not the aim of the cable. It is the game which brings a lot of happiness to me. We buy the shaiya money together. The beautiful story, we can not be forgotten, buy shaiya gold . You will not regret to have cheap shaiya gold . So I will continue to have shaiya online gold , it is a beautiful fairy tale, it looks like my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:31 am

    Do you know cabal online alz? I like it.
    My brother often go to the internet bar to buy cabal alz and play it.
    After school, He likes playing games using these cabal gold with his friend.
    I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cabal money and play the game with me.
    I came to the bar following him and found buy cabal alz was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

    Do you know Archlord gold? I like it.
    My brother often go to the internet bar to buy Archlord money and play it.
    After school, He likes playing games using these archlord online Gold with his friend.
    I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap Archlord gold and play the game with me.
    I came to the bar following him and found buy Archlord gold was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:38 am

    It is the Perfect World Gold which make me very happy these days, my brother says Buy Perfect World Gold is his favorite games gold he likes, he usually buy some Perfect World Silver to start his game and most of the time he will win the Perfect World money back and give me some cheap Perfect World Gold to play the game. I think the pw gold can bring me a lot of fun.
    I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some Pirates of the Burning Sea Gold, he usually can win a lot of potbs gold, then he let his friends all have some potbs Doubloon, his friends thank him very much for introducing them the potbs money, they usually buy potbs Doubloon together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts