Crystal Jade at Pavilion

Boy I really enjoyed my dim sum lunch yesterday. After weeks of burgers, salads and such, these delicate morsels literally "touched my heart". I arranged to meet Hunky there and brought my nephew, Lamb, along with me. The little bugger is on school holidays and had wreaking havoc at home. I am basically the only person in the house he doesn't try to mess around with. So he was on his best behaviour when we arrived at the rapidly filling up Crystal Jade at Pavilion.

The waitress so happened to walk by with a tray of freshly baked char siu soh just as we sat down. I didn't think he would like it but it soon vanished! The pastry was flaky and warm. The exterior was lightly sprinkled with pork floss. It didn't add nor detract from the taste. The filling was nothing out of the ordinary but it a good balance between sweet and savoury. The both of them liked it so much we ordered a second portion. I've never seen the boy eat so much!

The har gow was chopped up pieces of prawn wrapped in a translucent skin. It was not too tasty which was great because it meant that there no/little msg. It was springy in texture which is always a good thing. The deep fried prawn dumpling with mayo was crispy and not oily. Thumbs up for not reeking of stale oil! The best dish of the day for me was the hor yip fahn. Very nice! Fragrant, moist and flavourful. I've been having trouble remembering where I had good hor yip fahn last. I was embarassingly insistent at Li Yen during my last visit. I suddenly remember it was in Hong Kong! Duh... We also had char siu cheong fun which was not quite as delicate as I would've liked it to be but it was tasty nonetheless. I didn't try the char siu pau as I sacrificed my portion for Lamb. Judging from this picture, I think he had a jolly good time. We will be returning for more dim sum! Bill came up to RM62.45

Other reviews - Boolicious

Comments

  1. Sacrificing the char siu pau for Lamb? How sweet? Me, if I'm hungry and greedy (which I always am), lil kids just get pushed aside! Muahahahahaa...

    Okay, so I'm kidding. I'm a nice uncle of three myself. But taking those lil monsters out is nerve-wrecking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah..taking out his shirt for u also considered "not messing around with"..either that picture was on your orders or i cant imagine what he doest at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you're a real pushover huh Uncle Kenny?

    Joe, you're just jealous he stole your topless thunder! Btw, he was showing me how full he was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. what a dedicated aunt and uncle.. dim sum woh.. man, now my dim sum cravings are back..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehee...he is so cute and cheeky! Why are you the only one he doesn't mess with?? Must be a garang aunty issit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dim sum sounds good. And your nephew is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like li'l Lamb ate more than Mary. Can't tell from his tiny frame. He's really adorable, btw. Can I borrow him for a day? Just for cuddles. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the cha siu sou! there was this waiter who carry the tray around and asked whether we would wana try some..it was delicious man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dim sum looks way better than the ones i had a few weeks ago.. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts