Lazy, Hazy Sunday

Just when I thought the worst of the haze was over, I wake up to a thick blanket of smog hovering the usually beautiful KL skyline. Sigh... Its been a long time since my last post. Who has time to blog these days? Besides, its not like I've had much opportunity to dine out these days. So I guess I'm writing because Her Madesty has gone out to Gran's and I did manage to eat at a few new places recently. But, I'm not going to write about that today. Instead, I'll just say "Hello" with breakfast this morning.


Jamie Oliver's pancakes with bacon & maple syrup. This picture was actually taken a while back. This morning we had it with back bacon which just didn't taste quite as nice. Its a great pancake recipe and soooo easy. Love it!

3 eggs, separated
115g plain flour
1 heaped tsp baking powder
pinch salt
140ml milk

Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks and set aside. Combine all the other ingredients together. Fold in 1/4 of egg whites into mixture to loosen in. Then fold in remainder of egg whites. Heat non-stick pan on medium heat and pour 1 ladle full of pancake mixture in. Wait until bubbles start to appear on surface before flipping over. Voila! Makes 5 x 5" (diameter) pancakes.

Happy Sunday everybody!

Comments

  1. Hmmm this recipe looks so delicious and nice and i think that fits perfect with my taste and in my opinion is a very easy recipe, so i think i will try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome and let me know if you thought it was good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sunday mornings, especially if they are spend with friends and something delicious like this. I'll definitely prepare that breakfast in the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts