Life post Atkins

10 months ago I stared at the mirror and hated what I saw. Its not like I've ever been thin but I HAVE been very overweight and anyone struggling with weight issues will know how easy it is to slip back into a comfortable, elasticated pants kinda of lifestyle. I'm not sure what it was that finally made me get off my butt. I think starting pole dancing classes may have played a small part in tipping the scales so to speak. Watching the more advanced girls defy gravity with such grace and form was inspiring. I'm not saying you have to be thin to pole dance but as I have discovered, a lighter body sure does help. After all, imagine hauling a 70kg body up the pole instead of a 50kg one. Anyway, I'm still pole-ing and loving it. Its very liberating and amazing to compare myself from day 1 to now. Kind of like my weight loss. I'm happy to say I have maintained the shedding of baby weight. And as promised, albeit a tad late, a blood test to study the short term effects of Atkins.

In total, nothing had changed. My liver and kidney function test came back normal as before and my LDL cholesterol improved! Amazing because I was convinced eating 2 eggs everyday was going to increase my cholesterol levels. This only goes to show, do your own research if you are going on a diet. There will be heaps of people saying its bad for you. But why is it bad? In every situation there is going to be some pretty bad scenarios and IF you choose to eat sausages and bacon for breakfast, snack on artificial sugar-free snacks, steak with cream sauce every night, then YES, Atkins will be very bad for you. I can honestly say I actually ate MORE vegetables on Atkins than I usually do. When you are only allowed 20g of carbohydrates (during induction phase) containing vegetables, you really make it count. I have stir-fried vegetables and copious amounts of salad leaves everyday on Atkins. When I'm not on Atkins, my typical day would be toast for breakfast, fried mee hoon/pasta for lunch and dinner would be rice with vegetables and a meat dish. Lets not mention the milo and biscuits I love to have in between. 

I'm not pushing Atkins for everyone, just trying to give my personal experience with Atkins. Unfortunately I can't really curb my love for sugar. It really is EVIL. Just ask my cellulite. They seem to have shrunk in the absence of sugar. So for me, it really is a roller coaster ride. I'm currently doing another bout of Atkins and this time it really doesn't seem so difficult. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe I'm finally kicking the sugar habit. Or at least keeping it under control. I'll keep you posted :-)

Comments

  1. With bistroMD you can trust that not only will you get gourmet meals, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to promote healthy diets.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and select the entrees you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your door.

    ORDER NOW - home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts