That Dirty "P" Word

In the spirit of trying new things, I've found myself in unfamiliar surroundings quite a number of times. I now know where Setia Alam is and its very far away. Especially when you take the most straightforward route which is the NKVE. WMW took the even longer route and went via Ipoh! But thats another post altogether. A while back, I was somewhere in Sungai Buloh. I have a feeling I was quite close to LYJ but who can bloody tell in the dark! We were there buying plants and things. Sis took us to a fantastic bak kut teh restaurant called Chung Sun. She had been to the famous one in the area (I can't remember the name) and found it to be disappointing. And she happened to chance upon this one and has been a fan ever since.

The broth at Chung Sun was more complex and deep than I could ever hope to be. It had a lovely balance of herbs that was both intense and clear. If this bowl of bkt was a man, I'd marry him in an instant! Accompanied with a big plate of lettuce stir-fried with heaps of garlic and salty, fragrant yam rice. Mmm, it was so good we ordered a second bowl. And the lady said it the first bowl was more than enough for us three ladies. Please! Do I look like some featherweight from Sungai Wang?! Bring it on!

Comments

  1. wow... where where where? :P which part of sg buluh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 pm

    "Please! Do I look like some featherweight from Sungai Wang?! Bring it on!"

    Woe betide them BKT folks who cross this ravenous rabbit... More bite than your bunny burrs, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiyo, Babe, I have no idea! My sister tends to weave in and out of traffic which confuses my bearings even more! I will ask her. heh heh

    Don't mess with a rabbit. We may look cute and er, furry but we are vicious little things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Well, it's always interesting how BKT looks different in different countries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 am

    Eeeeyer. Faster ask your sister ler. I'm sure it's near where I live. Am always looking out for good BKT. I even enlarged your pic to look for familiar signs, but NADA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:30 pm

    The lady boss really underestimate the flogger eh? Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come to my place few more times and it won't be that far anymore. Heehee...at least, it's easier to find than LYJ rite?

    ReplyDelete
  9. eh wat is dis..u hiding ur man isit? dont get to see any bak kut teh..*disgusted and walks off* haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did someone mention my name??? Hehehe...When it comes to BKT, I eat everything else except the porky stuff! :o) hahaha...featherweight from Sg. Wang, I like that. So where do the heavyweights come from??? Uh, SS2??? Muah ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  11. "The broth at Chung Sun was more complex and deep than I could ever hope to be."

    You're comparing yourself to a pork broth???? GUFFFFFAWWWWWWW!!!!! unless you meant you meant it was more complex and deep that you could ever hope for it to be....

    such a classic line. assuming you meant the original text...i can but roll my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:32 pm

    I'm actually reminded of the man-eating wabbits from Monty Phyton's Holy Grail. Whee...

    ReplyDelete
  13. UPDATE: Okay Okay, not like my sister was much help. Apparently its near the Megamas restaurant/coffee shop. Past the army barracks (on your right) until you reach shop lots. Argh, hope that helps!

    Jason, was surprised too! I mean, look at my size right?!

    Pea, sure lah! Your directions were crystal clear. It helped that it was not dark, drizzling and roadworks all over the place!!! Ah, I'm still traumatized!

    WMW maybe I was born in SS2 after all! Better go check with my mum :-)

    It was the former FBB. I would be proud to be compared to pork ok! I nearly cried when I saw how beautiful that big slab of pork looked on F Word. Sniff....So beautifulllll....

    Do you want to be that man Kenny?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:36 pm

    Ooo let's go after chemo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts