How Much Do I Love Thee?

Let me count the ways. Once on Friday, another time on Monday and once more on Wednesday. If the staff at Bill's in Darlinghurst felt that we were odd, they didn't let up. I love the quiet tree lined steet that Bill's is on the corner of. I love the natural light and of course the dry, crisp weather makes the experience even more pleasurable. And best of all, about all the restaurants in Sydney, it is non-smoking. Its amazing how much more we can smell when the person at the next table isn't waving their lit cigarette at you.

As the saying goes, a picture paints a thousand words. And thanks to Dween, I finally learnt how to post bigger pictures. This trip I really developed a liking for the ricotta hotcakes. Nevermind the ricotta amounts to no more than the flecks of icing sugar sitting on top of the hotcakes. As a child, this was probably what I imagined clouds tasted like. The texture is so soft and springy, and the honeycomb butter adds a lovely salty sweet flavour to the hotcakes.

I was crazy about the corn fritters with grilled tomatoes and bacon during the last trip. This trip, I wasn't so keen. I had it on my last day and found myself giving away half of it and digging into Dween's hotcakes instead. I think I could eat hotcakes everyday. I'd be a lot fatter but possibly small price to pay for absolute bliss. We also discovered the evil-kenevil scrambled eggs. If the devil was an egg, he'd be the lascivious srambled eggs at Bill's. A small moutain of fluffy butter coloured clouds, oozing with velvety creamy richness and spilling over the plate like a inclined Rubenesque beauty. And as if the butter and cream in the eggs are not enough to kill you, they serve it with fantastic Sonoma toast with a slab of butter on it. In the picture you can see something sandwiched in the toast, thats not cheese.

Comments

  1. Oh! Oohh!! I do not need to see pictures like these first thing in the morning!!! Ohh the velvety clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning from Texas. I found you from Edwin of Kuala Lumpur Daily Photo and I think your photographs are gorgeous. All the foods look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi baby, the food looks great in the pictures. Almost better than it looked when we enjoyed it together in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Thien. Am glad the photos had the desired effect ie. mouthwatering!! I get hungry everytime I look at these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! pixs look really good...am wiping the drool off from the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a note to share that at bills, the Ricotta Pancakes are really filled with Ricotta, actually a ration of 1.33 to 1 portion of flour which explains the rich and satisfying mass, the 'fluffy-ness' of the pancakes is due to the folding of the egg whites prior to them being placed on the pan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts